It's important to us at Credit Union of Atlanta to provide peace of mind to our members. That's why we offer Payment Protection credit life and credit disability insurance through CUNA Mutual Group, which includes the following features:
- Credit Disability makes a member's payment to the credit union should they become unable to work due to an illness or an accident.
- Credit Life pays off the member's outstanding loan balance should the member die during the term of the loan.
- Credit Life "At Work Clause" — If a member is a homemaker, retiree, or student, they are eligible for Credit Life Insurance.1
- Statement of Insurability — If an eligible member requests insurance within 30 days after the loan advance, they will be eligible for coverage if they provide a satisfactory Statement of Insurability to CUNA Mutual.
- Expiration of Insurance:
- On the date of death
- On the date the loan is transferred to another creditor
- On the date the loan stops
- On the last day of the month the credit union is notified by the member to terminate insurance
- When the member reaches the maximum age
- Or the last day of the month in which the loan is three months past due
1Eligibility occurs only if they are performing all of the usual duties of a homemaker, retiree, or student in the normal manner on the date of the initial advance and are not receiving disability benefits from any source.